So, I haven’t updated this blog in a while–sorry about that. School’s been keeping me really busy the past couple of weeks, but I realized that I needed to rectify this problem with something, at least, so I just wanted to mention a couple things I’ve been doing lately.
- First off, I’ve been delving deeper into Python lately. We’re using it for one of my classes, and I’ve gotten to know (and like) it much better than I did before. Most of my stuff is fairly uninteresting stuff, but here’s a list, anyway. (Code available on request, though I might post it later.) I’ve got a couple more things under development, but I’ll add them when they’re finished.
- A short file full of biological constants that I’m extending as I find new things to add to it.
- A sequence simulator that generates random DNA sequences based on a given base proportions.
- A bio-translator that takes in a file with a list of DNA bases and calculates the amino acids that map to each codon, even when you take frameshifting into account.
- A CoinChanger, which takes in a domain of coins (say the US coin system of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, half-dollars, and dollars) and returns the minimum number of coins you need to make change from that. Since some domains of coins break the standard greedy algorithm for making change, this CoinChanger also implements a recursive algorithm and a bottom-up algorithm for making change.
- A Sequencer which reads in a FASTA formatted file and outputs various statistics about it.
- A file which uses the Sequencer code to answer some questions.
- A timer file which takes in a list of execution times and a list of run time functions, then computes the largest n that can be computed in those given execution times, where n is the size of the input element. (My favorite result: If you have a run time function that grows factorially, you could only have an input of 17 elements before your algorithm takes more than a century of microseconds to compute. That’s bad.)
- I’ve been learning Matlab, which is another programming language with syntax similar to Pascal and Ada. It’s got a lot of cool features, like built-in matrix operations, and some pretty annoying stuff (like how basically everything is a matrix, which is almost as bad as Java’s treating everything like an object). It’s growing on me, but slowly–I still think it should work very differently than it does. The things I’ve written in Matlab include:
- An implementation of Insertion Sort.
- An implementation of Merge Sort.
- A program that uses and compares the two of them, then creates a couple charts based on that data.
- An implementation of a Stack. (Though it’s a global stack because of the requirements of the assignment. It should be local as far as I’m concerned.)
- A partial implementation of a singly Linked List. (Though again it’s a global list, which is annoying.) Search seems to work, insert works (mostly), but my delete function has issues, part of which stem from a bug in my insert function that I haven’t had time to track down.
- I’ve also worked with a program called Alice in my AI work. Alice is a 3D graphics program used to help teach programming. It has most of the basic programming constructs (loops, conditionals, functions, methods), but it does some weird stuff, and I’m still a little skeptical it will help people really understand those programming constructs. We’ll see next week when we drop to a real programming language (Python, ironically).
- I’ve used Audacity to put up a teeny-tiny podcast, but I’m probably not going to keep that one going–too much work, and not really any benefit for me right now. Maybe someday, but not today.
I think that’s all the major stuff I’ve done over the past couple of weeks. I’ll try to let you know if anything changes.
Some teams don’t care too much about what you wear to the tryouts, says Alto Gary, cheer coach for the Houston Texans, in an article published for Culture Map Houston. As long as the color complements your skin tone, that’s all that really matters. However, make sure that everything fits and is tied tight. You don’t want a wardrobe malfunction in the middle of tryouts. Some teams have more stringent requirements, though. The Atlanta Falcons require that you wear a two piece leotard, skin tone tights and tennis shoes to the auditions, although color is up to you. Other teams, like the Minnesota Vikings, recommend that you tan for the audition. The Vikings offer workshops for hair and makeup ideas.Humpy, who had done well to level the match at 1 1 after an encouraging victory Cheap china Jerseys
earlier in the day, failed to gain the lead in the first match of the tie breaker despite establishing a better position. In the Pirc Defence game which followed the Ufimtsev Pytel variation, Humpy overlooked the potential damage that her rival’s bright squared bishop could cause. On the 29th move, Humpy had to give up her rook for the menacing bishop and three moves later, lost a pawn. Although materially Humpy was replica oakleys
down, she had enough positional compensation in the form of a bishop pair with her rival’s king clearly unsafe.The situation isn’t much better in other areas of high level management: Despite big gains, women only make up slightly more than 10 percent of big company chief financial officers. And more than one third of public companies had zero women senior officers, according to a recent survey from Catalyst, an organization aimed at expanding business opportunities for women.With the rise of al Qaeda, you could almost make the argument that Wilson was ahead of his time in his hyphen phobia, a word he was probably terrified of. But, then you remember that he would have thought Kareem Abdul Jabbar was a bigger threat than al Zawahiri and you realize Wilson was actually retarded.Based on historical numbers at Cheap Oakleys
the NFL combine, the rest of my efforts would have been acceptable if I was a defensive tackle or an interior offensive lineman: 8.09 in the 3 cone drill; 5.13 in the 20 yard shuttle run; Nike Shoes
86 inches in the broad jump; and a vertical of 19 inches that lacked the leap part. I also managed to catch all eight passes in the final event, the “gauntlet drill” a 53 yard cheap nfl jerseys shop
sprint across the field catching throws from two directions, including a pass from former NFL quarterback Jim Zorn.
To get in shape for a cornerback, you must include these components into a sport specific conditioning program.. You can’t cheap oakleys outlet
wear it, the stock doesn’t pay dividends and you get only very limited voting rights, but so what.. Or if these misses are a reflection that after 10 plus seasons his leg isn’t the same as it used to be, and this is evidence of a broader physical issue, it calls into question whether he’ll ever again be the threat New England has come to expect.. Memories of the previous evening came flooding back: my Dad on the phone crying tears of joy for his new daughter; the hugs of support from Chris and Megan; the hundreds of texts from close friends as well as amazing messages from the public on Facebook and Twitter. CheerleadingCheerleading? Been there, done that. Notice I said “could” because despite the high ratings and stunning 100% fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes (46 out of 46 positive reviews at press time), the network still needs Saul’s numbers to hold. I’m not cheap nfl jerseys
sure, medically, that I would say that a two year suspension is a de facto lifetime for A Rod when you fake oakleys
look at what Jason Giambi is still able to do as a role player. Rush has certainly lived up to Cheap Oakleys
his last name throughout this year preseason, notching six sacks, the most of any player. It’s cute to think that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell watchedSunday’srout with a hint of embarrassment or discomposure for inspiringsuchvengeance from Brady’s right arm. He was arrested in June, for fighting in public and then showing police fake ID. Trying to make a comeback after being arrested on drugs charges, he now weighs over 300lb. There are many people that write for their readers and audience. He was a speaker in Doha Goals Forum, a much hyped three day event, whose patron is the Emir of Qatar and which attracted high profile names ranging from politicians like Lord Mandelson and Ed Vaizey, the minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries to sporting legends: Boris Becker, Ilie Nastase, Nadia Comaneci, Katarina Witt, Michael Johnson, Kelly cheap nfl jerseys
Holmes and Jonathan Edwards. Boise State head coach Chris Petersen responded immediately, but as Hout turned to look at his coach, Blount decked him with a punch to the jaw. How Diggs fares Sunday in continuing his connection with quarterback Sam Bradford could be the primary factor in whether the Vikings can end the Carolina Panthers’ 14 game home win streak.Diggs has broken through to a new level in his second NFL season and leads the NFL in receiving yards with 285.
Alright, so I want your head to be on the floor. Taking both legs up, lower your left leg down halfway. Undrafted WR Paul Turner led the Eagles with 80 receiving yards on 6 catches. Yes, the majority of the catches and yards were against a prevent defense, but Turner looked to be open constantly, just like he was during the preseason. All Kuechly did as a rookie was lead the league in total tackles, with 164. He also added a sack, two interceptions, eight passes defensed and three fumble recoveries. In 2005, the Cheap Jordans
police received a letter saying that someone knew where the body was buried and who did it. The letter said that he was buried under what currently is the New York Aquarium and named several cops and mobsters as the killers. With our fair value of Dick’s at $31 per share, and the stock above $40, we aren’t very interested in the company at this time. It trades at only about 18x our 2012 forecast; however, we do not see the same years of explosive growth ahead. Prayer Wholesale China Jerseys
is also an important component of Eid al Adha.A. Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday that’s also known as the festival of lights. “God gave me a million dollar voice, and I just hope I can do right by him.”Cavaliers spokesman Tad Carper said exact details of the team’s offer and their plans to help Williams with housing were still being worked out.The Cavaliers did not know much about him, but were touched by Williams’ ordeal.”When you know something’s right, you just have to launch,” said Tracy Marek, the team’s senior vice president of marketing. “One of the big things that we talk about here, with our organization, is how important urgency is when you see something that feels good and seems right. Hi, my name is Janet. I’m a personal trainer with Metamorphosis, Cheap Jerseys From China
and today I’m going to show you an exercise to replace the diamond push up. Football is the national sport of Italy. This is just one of the reasons the Italians are crazy about football. In order to characterize the onset time of the observed IOSs, the OCT frame speed was increased to 500 Hz, with a reduced frame size (40 pixels 200 pixels) for the experiment represented in Fig. 4. ET Oct. 21, 2016FILE At left, in an Aug. The triumph over the Bengals gives the Steelers the early edge in the AFC North. This game lacked the nastiness of other recent Steelers Bengals matchups oakley sunglasses outlet
but was, as always, highly competitive. He has played in big games and made big time throws. But cheap nba jerseys
there are questions about his game, including inconsistent accuracy and command of the football, as well as his personality, maturity and leadership. Carlo Ancelotti and his coaching staff had delivered in one season what the club had been waiting 12 years for La Decima, a 10th European Cup. As well as his medal, Clement has a match ball from the final at home on the sideboard; the shirt he wore on the night; and the highlights reel for whenever he wants to relive Sergio Ramos’s injury time equaliser and those three extra time goals..